Last week r jig took me to Dublin for my birthday and it was heavenly. We were only there for a night, but the city won us over regardless.
I’ve compiled a little list of must dos/sees should you find yourself in Dublin
- Visit temple bar. this is a traditional irish bar, complete with lots of guiness and a live band if youre lucky. its a tourist hot spot so bound to be busy, but it only adds to the atmosphere
- speaking of guiness, make sure to visit their storehouse. its a 7 storey building with a 7 storey tall pint glass running through the middle. with lots to do and see, make sure to visit the 4th floor to pull your own pint, and make your way up to floor 7 to the 360 sky bar
- grab some treats from the Rolling Donut shop. holy moles the best donuts you’ll ever experience. there are all flavours and vegan options too!
- Visit the Little Museum of Dublin- this place is so great if you only have a short time in the city. its a few room building, entrance is only about £7 and it includes a humorous and punchy tour that lasts about 30 mins.
- Wander round St Stephens Green for a park break. its beautiful and green and flowery and a lovely little haven
ps, contrary to common tourist advice, stay away from oconnell street- people are just out to rob you. head over the canal and towards st stephens green for the better bits xx